Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Connor’s Report

Childhood icons leave the baseball diamond
Connors+Report
Connor Fitzimmons

With the Major Baseball League season soon coming to an end, many beloved players have decided to retire. 

Cabrera

One of the major players leaving the MBL is Miguel Cabrera, who played 21 seasons with two teams; most notably the Tigers, where he won the Triple Crown and was one of the most electric hitters that the MLB has ever seen.  Carbrera helped pave the way for Venezuelans to play baseball, ending his career with a .308 avg, 511 homers, 3,174 hits and 1,881 RBI’s. While he’s on retirement, Cabrera will be moving to the front office for the Tigers to help with scouting.

Crawford

Brandon Crawford, the shortstop for the San Francisco Giants, retired after helping them win two World Series, in addition to leading the Giants to win over 100 games. Crawford played 13 seasons in total and ended with a .250 batting average. His retirement puts the Giants in a tough spot due to the fact that they don’t have a minor league player ready to play in a major league stadium. Crawford passed the torch to Wilmer Flores, who hit 23 homers this past season, which served as the biggest bright spot for the rebuilding of the Giants.

Greinke 

Zack Greinke pitched his final season with only two wins. Greinke played for six different teams, most prominently the Royals. One way Greinke stood out amongst the others was the way he chose to warm up, which only included stretching. Striking out over 2,000 batters and posting a 3.39 earned run average, Greinke pitched in more than 3,000 innings. He won one CY Young, six Gold Gloves, two Silver Slugger and was a 6 time All-Star. Greinke retiring opened a new opportunity for Royals to try to get some more talent for their pitching for their team that struggled this past season.

Wainwright

The Cardinals are saying goodbye to their biggest player Adam Wainwright. Wainwright helped St. Louis win the 2006 World Series. Additionally, he pitched 2,668.1 innings and struckout 2202 batters and was a two time All-Star, three time Gold Glove winner and Silver Slugger winner. St. Louis had a down year, but they just needed their rookie to get more experience in order for them to be back in the playoff chase.

Strasburg

Strasburg is retiring due to an injury that caused severe nerve damage after playing one of his games in 2022. With the news of Strasburg’s retirement, the nationals can move forward with their rebuild, as well as having the top three 100 prospects, Dylan Crew (outfield), James Wood (outfield), and Brady House (third baseman).

He won the 2019 world series MVP against the Astros where he struckout 14 in two games.