U may be interested to know V20 E3

1 in 3

The ratio of adolescents in the U.S. who have been a victim to physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse from a dating partner. Almost 1.5 million high school students nationwide suffer physical abuse from a significant other in a single year. Females between the ages of 16 and 24 experience the most intimate partner violence. In cases where the pattern of abuse was established in adolescence, the intimate partner violence is often greater. Almost 15 percent of women and four percent of men have been injured as a result of intimate partner violence that included rape, stalking and/or physical violence. Only 33 percent of teens who had a violent relationship told anyone about it. The long-lasting effects include a higher risk for substance abuse, eating disorders, risky sexual behavior and further domestic violence.

From National Domestic Violence Hotline

30,722

The number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides, in 2014. Alcohol dependence (alcoholism) was a contributing factor in 30 percent of deaths between 2010-2012. The majority of deaths are among non-Hispanic whites, but the highest concentration of deaths for a race group occurred among American Indians/Alaska Natives. Out of those who die from alcohol poisoning, 76 percent are men. The lowest percentage of alcohol poisoning deaths, five percent, occurs among those aged between 15 to 24 years old. The highest, 34 percent, occurs among 45 to 54 year olds. Despite the risks, over 38 million adults in the U.S. report binge drinking an average amount of four times per month. Over a long period of time, excessive alcohol use can create memory problems, lead to the development of various forms of  cancer and high blood pressure.

From Center for Disease Control and Prevention

32

The percent of 12th graders who feel that regular marijuana use is harmful. Some 81 percent of high school seniors say it would be easy to obtain marijuana and 6 percent say they use it at least once every day. Some 21.3 percent of 12th graders said they had smoked in the last 30 days, considerably higher than the 16.6 percent of 10th graders who reported smoking in the last three days. Nearly 3,300 teens try weed for the first time every day. Around 13 percent of those who start as a teen will go on to become dependent on it. One out of 10 students who reported having A grades also reported having smoked weed recently. Nearly half of all students with D’s and F’s reported smoking recently. 12th graders who smoke marijuana are 65 percent more likely to crash their car. According to 12th graders, one out of eight drove after smoking weed at least once in the previous few weeks.

From Teen Rehab Center