Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

A new beginning

Pastorino refreshes english
Evan Sandecki
Standing in front of the class, Ms. Pastorino goes over the lesson of the day.

As the new 2023-24 school year starts up, Stockbridge welcomes a new group of teachers. One of those new teachers is Hollie Pastornio, who

believes there’s a potential to Stockbridge. Pastorino graduated from Eastern Spring where she majored in secondary education, language, literature and writing, as well as minoring in French. Her inspiration has come from her ninth grade English teacher Ms. Feik, who was very passionate about English and has been the reason for Pastornio to become an English teacher herself. She worked at a preschool for three and a half years and worked at a bagel shop over the summer before ending up in Stockbridge.
“I really liked teaching,” Pastorino said. “The pre-school I worked at was a lot of fun. I knew it wasn’t going to be a forever thing, but I always wanted to work at a middle school or a high school. I feel like it gave me a good experience for education. And the bagel shop was fun because my older sister, her boyfriend and a bunch of our friends all worked there so it was just like a fun summer job.”
Once Pastorino earned her bachelor’s degree, she went job hunting to become a teacher. After she went through a few schools and ended up not liking them, she  ended up in Stockbridge once she found out it was the school that fit exactly how she wanted it to.
“I actually was supposed to start at a different school this summer, and then I found out that the teacher I was supposed to be taking over decided not to retire.” Pastorino said. “So in mid July I had to start my job hunt all over again. I interviewed with a bunch of schools, but Stockbridge answered all the questions correctly.”