Same state, new adventure

Sitting on the sand with the warm breeze blowing on your face and the fresh sound of water coming up on shore sounds like the ideal vacation. No, I’m not talking about Florida. What some may not realize is that there are a lot of places in Michigan to travel.

Great venues for exploration include Mackinaw City or Mackinac Island, Frankenmuth, Michigan Adventure and many more. For those who like to look around and shop, Michigan can easily accommodate your needs. Especially in Mackinac Island, there are tons of little places to do some window shopping.

Known for its lakes, Michigan’s waters are great places to vacation on, especially if you don’t want to travel far.

“My favorite place in Michigan to go is Lake Michigan,” junior Mckenna McMann said. “It’s so peaceful.”

Instead of spending hundreds of thousand of dollars traveling outside of the Mitten, save some cash, and travel in-state to some beautiful places.

“The most popular spots are Traverse City, Petoskey, Torch Lake and Mackinac Island.  All of those are just beautiful, and each one is different, ” Theda Dyer, a travel agent from Travel Port travel agency in Lansing said. “Michigan has everything a person can want. Detroit has tons to do and some of the best restaurants in the U.S.”  

Avoid having the hassle of packing and buying plane tickets. Just stay in the state, and make it easy. Pack up and drive. Many people think Michigan isn’t warm, but in vacation season it gets pretty hot. It can easily get up to the high 80s, perfect weather to lay on the beach of Lake Michigan.

Venture out of town: Trailblaze a new journey with these destinations over spring break

Bump and Grind Carnival – Jackson Date(s): 04/01/16 ($15)

If you are near Jackson during the first week of April make sure to stop by and check out the Bump and Grind carnival. It is a circus showcase spectacular of international acclaim, truly fitting for the lavish stage of the Rose City’s Michigan Theatre.

Mackinaw Raptor Fest – Petoskey Date(s): 04/01/16 – 04/02/16( FREE)

If you go a little farther north for spring break make sure to stop by petoskey for the annual Mackinac Raptor Fest. This event is a day dedicated to bird and animal sight seeing and watching.

Maple Syrup Day – Grayling Date(s): 04/02/16 (Free) (Money For Maple syrup)

Like Maple Syrup? During spring break, Grayling MI had a whole day dedicated to it, it is Maple Syrup Day, with tapping Demonstrations and other maple syrup-related activities, 10pm-4pm.

American Ballet Theatre: The Sleeping Beauty – Detroit Date(s): 03/31/16 – 04/03/16

The play, sleeping Beauty is coming to Detroit. Grab some tickets and go see it. This is a movie that most young children see, this is a great opportunity to see it acted out live.

All Things Detroit – Detroit Date(s): 04/03/16 (Money to shop..etc)

This event is one of the city’s most exciting events for local businesses to increase brand awareness. What makes All Things Detroit different from your typical trade show is that we showcase small businesses in a way that’s fun and exciting exposing Michigan’s best kept secrets.  Tickets are available at the door. Children under 12 are free.

Dablon Winery: Live Music by Exit 41 – Baroda Date(s): 04/03/16 ($25)

Live music by Chris Behre, a regional Michiana singer/songwriter who transforms popular songs.

Uncaged • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in