Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Reading around the world

Made with Canva

This is a curated collection of books from around the world that I have given 5 stars. From a creepy hotel that never receives any guests to the unforgiving landscape of Ireland during the great depression, this list has something for every reader interested in diversifying their reading.

“The Vegetarian” by Han Kang

Published in 2007, The Vegetarian is a novel of three interconnected short stories that cultivate a shocking image depicting a woman’s struggle for freedom amidst an oppressive crowd of family members and overbearing coworkers.

“White Nights” by Fyodor Dostoevsky

White Nights is a short story masterpiece by Fyodor Dostoevsky, one of the masters of Russian Literature. The story follows an unnamed narrator who only comes out of self-isolation to chase the woman of his dreams despite her infatuation with another man.

“The Snow Child” by Eowyn Ivey

The Snow Child follows Mabel and Jack who navigate the loss of their child amid the unforgiving Alaskan wilderness in the 1920s. Despite the cold climate and the devastating events the couple faces, The Snow Child emanates joy with the magical storytelling of a modern-day fairy tale.