Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Unbeaten on the court

Eighth grade boys basketball team goes undefeated
The+team+celebrates+their+tournament+win+with+coach+Mayville.+Photo+used+with+permission+from+Kristine+Regan.+
The team celebrates their tournament win with coach Mayville. Photo used with permission from Kristine Regan.

With only seven members on the eight grade basketball team, the boys miraculously have gone undefeated this season. On March 10, the basketball team played in the Red Cedar Tournament in Eaton Rapids and wrapped up the season with another win.
Though the boys were missing members before the basketball season even started, they ended up victorious champions. This season, the boys were without a coach before Stephen Mayville stepped up as an uninterested party and helped lead these boys to victory.
“A post came up on Facebook, saying the team was short players and a coach,” Mayville said. “I volunteered to help out. We worked a lot with coach Amber and the seventh graders until we were able to get our numbers. We ended with six eighth grade players and each one of them was absolutely amazing.”
Coach Mayville uses cards for shooting drills and has helped pinpointing individual work.
“I use a deck of cards workout for shooting drills for them to shoot from all positions, all angles, and multiple scenarios,” Mayville said. “Drew Hayes helped myself and the players out, helped pinpoint what each individual needed to work on and worked together as a team. We also worked a lot with coach Amber and the seventh grade team, running plays and drills together and lots of scrimmaging to get a better understanding of plays and different scenarios.”