Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

She’s back!

Former special education teacher returns for the 2023-24 school year
Olyvia Hoard
In a cozy room, Thomas Provides guidance to her students on subjects they struggle on.

“I enjoy the fact of seeing people really learn and grow and improve their skills,” Educator Stephanie Thomas said. “That’s the part of teaching that I enjoy.”

Thomas had previously been with Stockbridge from 2013 to 2017 and she has been a teacher for 10 years. Thomas is a secondary special educator, so she co-teaches math classes and she also has a class where she works on work study with students.

Thomas has always wanted to be a teacher, and even said that the teachers that she had were always there for her when she was growing up and they were able to really help her become who she wanted to be. Thomas strives to guide her students to reach their full potential while learning, growing and improving their skills. Thomas has helped many students but one specifically is Sophomore, Meline Sayre. Sayre says she really likes Thomas because she is a good academic support teacher. 

“I think that Mrs. Thomas is an effective teacher. She helps me by checking my grades everyday and encouraging me and also others not to give up and that we got this,” said Sayre. 

Thomas had mentioned that there were a lot of different things going on in her life that helped give her the direction of teaching. 

Thomas has big plans ahead for this school year and she can’t wait to see what her students accomplish. 

“I’m most looking forward to being with all those students and staff the school year,” Thomas said.