Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

The road to improvement

Soccer teams are on pace for more wins
Evan Sandecki
Zechariah Puckett dribbles past the other team’s defense.

The Stockbridge Panthers boys Varsity Soccer team is off to a much better start this year than last year. The boys soccer team is only halfway through the season and they already have one more win this season than they did all of last season.
“We are doing much better than last year, we have been passing much better and personally, I am in my prime right now with five goals and many more to come,” senior Jason Gruber said.
The soccer team is not satisfied with their recent success and is looking to get better every day. Everyday they start practice with conditioning, skill work and then they finish practice with a scrimmage.
“This is actually the best year we have had in a really long time, but we definitely have room for improvement especially on our passing,” senior Gavin Hart said.
On September 15th, with only fifteen minutes left in the game, they were losing to Leslie three goals to one. In the next 15 minutes, they were able to mount a comeback and end the game with Leslie in a four-to-four tie, three of the goals coming from Jordan Husky-Wright and the other coming from Zavien Torrey. This resulted in them coming from behind to end the game in a tie.
“It was really exciting to hear about the comeback the soccer team had, it was exciting to hear them talk about it throughout the school,” sophomore Dom Pauls said.
The excitement is not only staying on the field but it has started growing into the crowd. Students are expressing how much the team has improved and how much fun they are to watch them play. More kids are coming to the student section because the games are closer this season than compared to last season,
“I went to a few games last year and they were fun to be at but this year is definitely different,” Junior Josiah Muzzin said. “You can tell that they really enjoy playing with each other and they have good chemistry.”