Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Off to the future

Stockbridge builds new opportunities in the form of new businesses
Even Sandecki
The Tractor Supply Co. is expected to be finished by the summer of 2024, and the Dollar General Market is expected to be finished by the end of 2023.

With big changes coming into the township comes new opportunities for young and old members of the community. Stockbridge has adopted a brand new Tractor Supply Co, Dollar General Market and Pump Track at Veterans Park.
The new Tractor Supply being built will allow new opportunities for young entrepreneurs. It is scheduled to be open to the public in the late summer of 2024. Two local students at Stockbridge have their own business. Junior Braiden Royal who runs his own mowing business since last April believes that the new Tractor Supply will have a positive affect upon his business.
“I think it’s gonna be a good thing because I’ll be able to get a lot more resources for my business,” Royal said, adding that he is not worried about this causing other competition for his business.
Another entrepreneur, junior Wyatt Benson has been running his own power washing business with his coworker Shane Whitaker. They started the business in early August. Benson Believes that this new expansion will have a positive affect on his business.
“It might get people talking about my business, and that might bring people to our town,” Benson said.
While he is worried about other competition being more experienced, he is excited for the local essay access to parts and equipment.
“We just started and people might do better than us,” Benson said.
Benson isn’t the other person who may be worried that these new businesses will cause competition. Currently, the Dollar General Market is being built across the street from the Dollar General. However, the new Dollar General Market will only have food.
Senior Madyson Talbot is one of the worried people. Talbot currently works at Dollar General and is concerned that the new market will affect her hours of work.
Talbot admits that the store may lose money.
“It will affect how much money comes into the store but it won’t affect the employees’ pay,” Talbot said.
Even though people are apprehensive about expansion, the Pump Track at the ark is a testament to the power of new additions.
Sometimes groups of people utilize the track to practice new skills.
Only time will confirm whether or not expansion is good for the community.