Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

A slam dunk for Stockbridge

Former pro basketball player Buddenborg hire as liaison
A slam dunk for Stockbridge
Even Sandecki

From Euro-league to Stockbridge High school, Brad Buddenborg is Stockbridge’s new liaison. Buddenborg went to Oakland University, playing basketball there where he wore number 34 and averaged 12.9 points per game, 4.3 rebounds per, 1.2 assists per and shot 42.5% from the field. After college, Buddenborg went overseas to Budapest, Hungary to continue his basketball career for four seasons. After Buddenborg’s time overseas, he played in the NBA G-league, where he played an additional three seasons. He has also played basketball in  Buffalo, New York; Dodge City, Kansas; and Muskegon, Michigan.

Buddenborg has also played against National Basketball Association players like Jerry Stackenhouse and Ron “Metta World Peace” Artest. Not only did he play in the Euro league, he also owned his business where he worked and ran a trucking company until 2016 when we went back to get his degree in teaching.Buddenborg received his degree in elementary education before coming to Stockbridge. He worked at South Lyon community schools. Eventually, Buddenborg moved out this way and he looked for something that he could give back to the community.

Buddenborg went through so many struggles to get to play pro ball and he had some inspiration. Buddenborg said, “I just liked it. So the fact that I liked it that much, that I wanted to put everything towards it and then having two parents that let me have that time like they didn’t force me to get a job,  just that drive and love for the game plus a situation with parents that made it possible for me to just do it for as long as i did”.

Buddenborg has many goals this year.

“To be present in the building to help the students accomplish what they want to while they’re here and then out to make this a better place,”  Buddenborg said.