Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Meals on the big screen

Forget popcorn, try these sweet and savory treats with your holiday movie
Macy Cipta

The Polar Express

4.5/5 Stars

“The Polar Express” is like sitting in an elementary class the day before Christmas Break. It’s the idea of knowing Santa is just around the corner and it could even bring your belief in Santa back to life. Following the journey of a few kids on a magical train ride to the North Pole, you can watch friendships form and Christmas miracles be revealed. With a movie as nostalgic and beautifully animated as “The Polar Express,” it almost earned a perfect score. The only downside of this movie was that the magic in it wouldn’t pull me into the screen with the main characters.

A Christmas Carol

3.5/5 Stars

A Christmas staple, being released in the early childhood of many high schoolers, “A Christmas Carol” is a moving and warning movie with an understandable message. Anyone who loves grumpy old men could certainly enjoy this film, but if cantankerous old men are not your thing, maybe you will turn on this movie for the ghosts who haunt the greedy Ebenezer Scrooge. However, if you do not cut out one of the recipes on this page and enjoy it while watching this movie then you will definitely be made jealous of the most delectably delicious looking Christmas dinners. Overall, “A Christmas Carol” is undoubtedly a classic, but due to the overuse of this movie around the holidays, it earns three and a half stars.

Elf

5/5 Stars

For anyone who likes musical and comedic stories about misunderstood, almost middle-aged elves, “Elf” might be something to bring you joy. In high school movies, you may see many characters embracing the idea of breaking out of the shell of normalcy and finding their place in the world. If you’re in high school, you may enjoy Buddy’s similar journey into New York City. However, not only is this movie about the coming of age of an oblivious elf, it is also a romance.

Eating the Spaghetti really put me in the Christmas spirit and I felt connected to my family and friends,”

— Junior Maddie Dalton said.

Can you even imagine being in a romantic relationship with someone who considers Santa Claus a close person in their life? Although Elf was released in 2003, it is still cherished by many people. Many find themselves watching this movie around the holidays, and you might find some people who are a little too ecstatic to share their holiday cheer about “Elf” with you.