Breaking News
  • March 24 - 29, No School | Spring Break
  • Fri March 22, Quarter 3 ends
  • Wed March 13, Half day
  • Thur March 7, Parent Teacher Conference 4-7pm
  • Panther Pride, Fri Jan 26
  • Throw back, Thur Jan 25
  • Pink out or Barbie inspired outfit, Wed Jan 24
  • Dress like a teacher, Tues Jan 23
  • PJ's Mon Jan 22
  • Wed Jan 31, Half day

Breakfast Buddies

kathryn Brumm
Teachers who are given a Breakfast Buddies invitation can choose from a variety of options.

Breakfast Buddies was launched at the beginning of the school year. With the help of sophomore Brendon Fletcher, senior Thomas Graves, junior Paul Baird, junior Dustin Whitney and freshman Grady Giddings, this program was created by special education teacher Carrie Kalmar’s first and second block.
“They all wanted to do something nice and they decided their project was going to make breakfast for staff members,” Kalmar said.
Starting at the end of September, these boys have made breakfast for multiple staff members on the last Friday of the month.

Sophomore Brendan Fletcher makes buttered toast. (kathryn Brumm)

“They created the menu, the meals, the invites, and they came up with the list of staff members to invite or give the invitations to,” Kalmar said.
Not only was this project to help Mrs. Kalmar’s class to learn their independent daily learning skills with learning how to cook, but they were also giving back to the staff.
“It’s fun for the students in the class and it’s nice for the teachers,” Whitney said.