Sophomore Alexia Tanner sitting in contemplation on an ottoman in from of Esther before Ahasuerus by Guercino. Photo Cheyenne Strong.

University of Michigan Art Museum

Free Admissions

Sophomore Alexia Tanner reads about a decorative art display horn a the University of Michigan Art Museum done by an unknown artist. ” On one part of the horn, there was a unicorn fighting another mythical creature, and I thought that was super interesting,” Tanner said. ” I wasn’t too sure about the background of it, but it was just so decorative, and it’s not something that I would expect.” Photo Cheyenne Strong.

Located in central Ann Arbor, this museum is based on mostly older art pieces. One highlighted exhibit is filled with modern art pieces from

the University of Michigan alumni that are located on the second floor of the building.

Tucked discreetly into the wall on the first floor, there is a new media room featuring a film of a person dragging sand bags out into the sea, the sound of the waves washing over the visitor in the gallery. The related photography exhibit covers aesthetics in modern art.

Sophomore Shane Adams stands on the first floor of the University of Michigan Art Museum between the statues Nyida by Randolph Rogers and Flora by James Wyatt. Photo Emma Lockhart.

Uncaged • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in