• June 7Varsity softball takes on Regionals this Saturday, June 9, 2018.

• June 6There is an NHS meeting during B Lunch for all students invited to the program.

• June 5The last day to order your 2018 yearbook is on the last day of school, Tuesday, June 12.

Junior varsity volleyball team loses first league game of season

Determined, freshman Hailey Howard prepares to bump the volleyball during warm up before the first match against Olivet.

Madie Gee-Montgomery

Madie Gee-Montgomery

In a close battle against Olivet, the JV volleyball team lost two out of three games. The home game took place at 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 5, in the new high school gymnasium.

Though the girls only won one game, the scores were very close every game according to first season varsity volleyball coach and athletic director, Meghan Kunzelman.

While “disappointed” about the outcome of the game, JV volleyball player Jordan Myers is happy about the way the team played during the first match.

The JV volleyball team hosts a home volleyball tournament on Saturday, September 9, at home at 9 a.m.. Confident in her team’s skills, Myers  hopes for the best during the tournament.

“I think we’ll do pretty well if we show up and play like we did the first game against Olivet,” Myers said.  “But we’re playing teams we’ve never seen before so I don’t know how it’s gonna turn out.”