Tyler Wayne/ Creative Commons Michael Vadon

Is Trump a good president for millennials?

May 26, 2017

Pro

Pro

Did somebody order a prescription? Because Donald J. Trump is the cure that millennials have been clamoring for. Whether it be in the form of education, employment, or foreign affairs, President Trump is beginning to truly make America great again.

Some millennials will complain about Trump’s Secretary of Education selection, Betsy Devos when in reality she is pro-education at the state and local levels. Devos believes that the majority of education decisions should be decided by the state and the local school district. Millennials are also notorious for complaining about our education system and how it is failing the United States. Devos is a firm supporter of education reform such as eliminating the Common Core. A recent Gallup poll suggest that 54 percent of respondents are against the Common Core. Getting away out from under Common Core will be a plus for the children of millennials.

You get a job, you get a job, everybody gets a job! The economy and job market should have millennials salivating on their applications. Nothing is greater than graduating from college and being able to get a job. The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists that the unemployment rate is 4.5 percent (the lowest since May of 2007), meaning that more people are working now than at anytime in the past decade. The BLS also states that since Trump has taken office, 533,000 jobs have been created. This is a far cry from 2010 when millennials were growing up with unemployment hovering around 10 percent.

Feeling safe, protected and secure are all reasons that millennials came out in droves and elected Trump as our 45th. After coming through on promises of extreme vetting from countries of concern, Donald Trump’s approval rating is nearing 50 percent according to a Rasmussen Poll. Insuring America’s safety from foreign threats, especially terrorist groups with roots in Middle Eastern countries, was a major campaign mark for our president. By placing an extreme vetting process on people’s attempting to enter the U.S., Trump is doing his best to attend to America’s best interests and safety.

Some millennials will protest; others will support. The bottom line is that all three of these topics have been in the greater interest of millennials and the country. Donald Trump is living up to his billing and the next 1,300+ days should have great things in store for millennials and the rest of the country alike. For a 20 something year old, what could be better than a stable job, great education for your children, and a feeling of protection?